WHAT IS A DIVORCE COACH AND WHY USE ONE?
A divorce coach is a skilled professional who uses concrete and objective strategies for people who are contemplating a divorce, in the midst of one, or have just come through one. The focus is on how to move forward. It’s not on the past.
A divorce coach helps you identify your goals and how to achieve them with a “can do” attitude of hope and positive energy. By working with you to set reasonable goals and expectations, you are able to think more clearly, gain better perspective and focus more effectively on your current situation and your life ahead of you.
A Divorce Coach
- Bring about meaningful change in your life as you go through a divorce, by identifying your dreams and goals and working with you to design a plan of action to get there.
- Identify resources for you to access in such areas as finances, child care, parenting, substance abuse, or employment, considering your needs today and what they will be after a divorce.
- Manage the intense emotional upheaval that accompanies a divorce, whether you’re in the early stages and still thinking about it, are in the throws of one, or have just recently come through one.
- Refocus emotion-based reactions and thinking and help you remain objective and goal oriented.
- Learn how to focus your attention on what really matters.
- Develop a positive mindset.
- Stay focused on where you want to be after divorce and how to get there, through action steps that reflect your wants, needs and desires.
- Stay motivated, hopeful, and aware of the all too forgotten reality that the divorce will end.
DIVORCE COACHING WILL NOT
- Replace an attorney, therapist or counselor.
BUT…. A DIVORCE COACH WILL
- Help you develop interview questions to ask a prospective attorney, and when you have retained one, will help you raise any concerns or ask him or her questions you may be afraid to bring up.
- Help you do the “little” tasks that are holding you back…things you are too overwhelmed to acknowledge, let alone deal with head on….has your mail piled up unopened? Are you afraid what you’ll find if you open it? Are you avoiding phone calls or opening emails, even ones from your attorney? Do you need to organize the contents of your office, drawers, or house, but just keep putting it off? A divorce coach will work with you on a straightforward plan to tackle whatever you are avoiding so stop living in fear, uncertainty, and dread. Nothing is too small or insignificant.
- Help you gather the information you need for your divorce to save time and money on legal fees.
THE GOAL OF DIVORCE COACHING IS…
To enable you to identify what is important to you, to create actionable strategies with you, to provide you with the tools to make informed decisions in a cost conscious manner, so that you move on and thrive!