Jeanne has been practicing matrimonial and family law for over 24 years. She also has a Masters Degree in Social Work, MSW, and graduated from the Alcohol Institute of South Oaks Hospital, Amityville, New York with a certificate in alcoholism counseling. She is a trained mediator and former associate professor of social work.
Jeanne trained extensively in meditation on the East and West Coasts. She is a proponent of the Understanding-based Model of conflict resolution.
Admitted to practice law:
- State of New York, 1993
- State of Connecticut, 1993
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1992
- MSW from Hunter College School of Social Work, 1988
- Graduate of the Alcohol Institute of South Oaks Hospital, Amityville, New York, 1983
- Positive Psychology Coaching: 2012, 2017 and 2018: Mentor Coach, Inc.
- Working Creatively With Conflict, 40 Hour Basic Mediation and Conflict Resolution Training: The Center for Understanding in Conflict 2014
- Advanced Mediation Training: Listening Skills: The Center for Understanding in Conflict 2010
- 40 Hour Mediation Intensive Training: The Center for Understanding in Conflict; The Understanding Based Model with Jack Himmelstein and Gary Friedman, 2010
- Advanced Training in Elder Mediation with the Elder Group Mediation, Dana Curtis, Sausalito, California 2010
- Advanced Mediation Training: Bringing Deeper Understanding to Parties in Conflict: The Center for Understanding in Conflict, 2010
- Self Reflection for Conflict Professionals: The Center for Understanding in Conflict, 2010
- Self-Reflection for Conflict Professionals: The Center for Understanding in Conflict, 2009
- Divorce Mediation Training; Orange County Dispute Resolution Center 1999
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- New York State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange & Sullivan Counties
- New York State Dispute Resolution Association